Monday, October 15, 2012

Family Visit

Wow, how hectic, I knew my mom and her new puppy we're coming down to visit, haven't seen her in a few years, but then surprise my sister turns up with my niece so I got to spend some quality time with them, and I haven't seen them in about 5 years, so she's become an incorrigible 9 year old, my niece, lol not my sister. I got to spend some time with my grandmother as well as my cousin, my aunt, who I haven't seen in a few years, and my dad. So the wife and I are house sitting for her parents whom just happen to live about ten blocks, from where my mom was staying at my grandmothers. Honestly I'm probably forgetting someone, so many people were coming in and out, if I did miss you, sorry I enjoyed spending time with you too, just so many people I'm sure I missed mentioning someone. We get home, ahhhh, so nice to be back in your own bed, when I get woke up in the middle of the night, a server at work had gone down, I needed to handle the upset researches whose data was unavailable and possibly lost. I was informed of this right after they told me I got the promotion. Sweet, after two years of hard work I got a promotion, my first day dealing with my team is the day one of the main server crashes.
Now after 6+ hours everything seems to be getting back on track, but I still have a team of frustrated researchers, analysts, programmers, consultants, information contractors, knowledge miners, data architects, you name it. What a great first day, but I'm not going to let it get me down, no matter what else I got the promotion, even though I'm not going to be on a research and analysis team I really enjoyed working with, and I got to spend some amazing time with the family, so wow, what a great weekend, after the stress of last week, this week is starting pretty amazing even with the work issues. It's technology your gonna have these problems occasionally right? Anyway have a great time my friends, I look forward to chatting with you agian.

No comments:

Post a Comment