Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Digital comics

In this day of digital everything I've started buying my comics digitally as well.
Am I still a comic collector? I have nothing in my hand, they arnt going to increase in value, in fact it's possible if the company goes under I may loose everything not on my phone. What guarantee do we have that our stuff stored on the cloud is safe? Especially
with a government that is passing stupid laws abusing people for what others do on thier servers.
I guess that'd be another issue, what does being a collector mean, are they people who buy things for the value or for the material inside. I've said a long time I just want to read the stories, like any other book. If we were talking about a book I could get a reprint and pay less than having to track down and pay a fortune for an original first edition. I'd like to be able to read alot of comics that just don't have the popularity to get reprinted, so new mutants, alpha flight, dazzler and so many others I just will never be able to read, it's my hope that these companies will digitize these series, charge a flat monthly fee and give access to thier material, I'd pay a fee to access movies, books, comics but that will have to come in time if ever, until then I'll stick to what there offering , I love true blood, runaways, x-men, I was so stoked when secret wars came out. But does storing a bunch of zeros and ones make me a collector?

No comments:

Post a Comment