Friday, September 7, 2012

The dream returns with vengeance

I had that dream agian last night. The swamp was different this time, all metal and glass, the sky was over shadowed by ever changing clouds, every so often you could see the stars which formed some kind of weird starfish fractal thing. As the clouds moved it created this weird distortion like a lightbulb swing back and forth plunging area into total darkness, then suddenly absolute light which hid nothing of the alien landscape. The trees and plants seemed to be leatherish with leaves of like obsidian, and weird blossoms which looked exactly like crystal Razer sharp aurouras. As I plunged through the pulsing light, constantly being cut by the plants I could hear the thing getting closer, hear its wet breath and would sounded like claws or teeth or something clicking or snapping. Occasionally that light would illuminate the thing in all it's horror when I realized it wasn't following just my blood being shed more and more as the brush tore at me but it was hunting my thoughts. There was nothing I could do to hide or flee. I knew it was hopeless running as that thing got closer I could begin to smell the stench from it like vomit and decay, something putrid. The smell grew worse as it grew closer, yet my feet kept getting caught in roots and tangles like barbed wire shredding the flesh on my legs and feet. Rain started pouring down causing all the wounds on my body to sting and hurt even more. I didn't know what to do, trying to stay ahead well moving through this nightmarish terrain. I don't know how, just like in that dream like way I knew it was tracking my thoughts some how and was trying to think of a way that would save me. For some stupid reason I thought I could use that against it do I made this plan, back tracking to a cliff I'd had to turn away from thinking I could maybe lure it into going over the cliff, I got into position thinking I was good when I turned just as the clouds moved illuminating the area. It was there in all it's sickening sucking horror. It's scaly hide and whipping tail shot up around my throat while thorny clawed tentacles held my body immobile while it's hellish head bent down towards my face, it's mouth opened in five flaps like the petals of some nightmarish bloom, it's orifice filled with jagged teeth and that horror of a tongue forcing its way into my mouth and down my throat choking off my ability to breath while the chill and blood loss caused my body to spasm and quiver, I knew I was dying even as its tongue and teeth tore at my throat and face into ribbons so much like the rest of my body, when to add to my horror I could see deeply into the hell of it's eyes, purple fire glowing, a serpent like thing shot out from between it's eyes and bore into my forehead. Suddenly through the pain of it all, it's huge snake like fangs sunk deep into my throat, I could see in my mind my life, my experiences, my dreams, hopes and aspirations drain away, forgotten. Until I just laid there in its unbearable grasp unmoving and uncaring, somewhere in my mind some part of me was screaming but I just didn't seem to care, it had taken my bodies blood, my minds thoughts, and everything I was and that screaming voice was becoming fainter, easier to ignore. Suddenly my wife was waking me up and I could still feel its limbs around me, it's scent in my nose, the taste of my blood, I could feel the countless cuts burning from the plants. I don't know what it means but it was so real, so tangible, the horror of it, as the light came and went, smelling it. How does the mind create such hyper-realistic dreams? Whatever is causing these dreams I'll be very happy to get passed them, at one point I even tried telling myself I was dreaming and tried waking up with little effect obviously.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/5-mind-bending-facts-about-dreams

    ReplyDelete