Monday, August 6, 2012

Awakenings a new phone coming soon

Awakening

I woke up, stalking through the house, damn James and his music.  It's strange discordant tones and eery melodies shook the walls.  You'd think after spending a life time with him I'd have gotten used to his spook shit music, but I just was not in the mood for it today.  Last night was long, my head still hurt from his new toy.  Banging on his door brought no response, shock.  Finely after more banging and a little yelling I threw the door open.
   Something was seriously wrong. James was sitting in his chair, falling back against the wall.  At first I thought he was passed out, but the room felt wrong.  We had been around death enough times.  I pressed my finger tips against his throat, nothing.  I stepped out of the room, the last thing I saw, the strange static oscillating on his screen.  Making my way to our living room, my living room?  I tried to figure out what to do.  I know you'd call the cops, but we weren't your normal citizens.  Hell the police had been here enough in the past.
   You have to understand we have been searchers of the truth, the real truth since we were in high school.  We had traveled the world, searching through tombs in Egypt, temples in Samothrace,  deserts, swamps, cults, wizards, warlocks, shaman on reservations.  We have probably the largest collection  of occult books in the world.  Our library of artifacts we've collected over the years was extensive.  Over  the years we've done rituals, summoned things which probably haven't walked this world in aeons, blood had been shed, some ours, sometimes others.  Its amazing how many people will put themselves into your power if you pretend to be a vampire, hell maybe we were vampires, we took thier blood and thier lives for our dark tasks.
   Eventually we found an incredible book.  It cost James a fortune, he could have bought an island for what that book cost, and then we find its in a language no one knows.  At first I thought
we got screwed, it was  scam, but James was always the more brilliant.  I always was the better researcher, he was lazy but had moments of inspiration, only the dark gods could provide, where as I preferred the anal setup,  memorizing the rituals, opening the doorways.  If a throat needed to be cut, well people should be more careful who they drink with, right?
   James, in one of those moments of inspiration decided to higher a programer to decode the book.  Hysterically when I met this programmer he had no idea who or what we were about, guess he's lucky we needed him, the basement was full of bodies just like his.  Shit, long story short he translated the book, but damn if it wasn't complicated.  He talked about equations, and fractals, strange attractors, algorithms which created angles that couldn't exists in reality.  What the hell was this book.  We've stumbled on something really dark.
   But this kid comes up with a brilliant idea, he'd create a temple inside the computer, like some stupid virtual game.  Basically a Sims occult library and temple, where all of our artifacts, and books would be scanned in, and we could perform this ritual inside the computer where everything could be programmed in perfect.  The dark beings we could call up in that virtual darkness, connected through all those wires, such life.  Ehhh, the doors we could open.  Last night we tried.  
   We installed the headsets, earbuds fitting snugly, the optics wrap around and close fitting, in the darkness before the simulation started there was a creepy silence, I can only liken to that of the grave.  Suddenly I could see him standing near me, well what he looked like here, dark robes, black as night barely visible against the slowly rising fire-lit tomb we had chosen to be our home.
   I can't say it wasn't an amazing creation, moving nearly instantly into the library, summoning the books right to you as if by magic.  I'm glad we let the creator live, this place was a work of art.  We had tried several summonings with varying results, but it made study so simple, even if to often I'd forget the avatars we wore, only to be shocked by our horrific vistas at times.  We opened doorways to places which should not be, taught by electronic creatures fed by the billion souls connected to those wonderful fiber optics, creating beautiful pipelines to the soul for the wet, smacking hungry things we called up.
    Last night we had tried our greatest feat, seeking to open a doorway across space and time, to when the ancient ones once walked our world in truth, and we succeeded, well the computer said we succeeded, but after a strange burst of static left me doubting, I guess James went back in, maybe he had a heart attack, I don't know.
   Suddenly the tv came on automatically, programmed as home guard, the news was talking about something, it took me a few seconds to understand what I was hearing.  Last night millions of Internet users were dead, just dead.  No one knew why or how, still apparently the users of several MMORPG systems were now dead.  Did we do that somehow?  Damn, I thought I had turned that music off, standing I turned and stopped short, breathless, there he was, James standing there but like a twisting hologram, floated his avatar around him,  in ghostly relief his twilight robes licked with black flames, his hand reached out to me, I heard a voice that was not James, it was, yet wasn't, thier was truly something soulless about that voice I knew as well as my own.
   As I turned to flee, I felt his hand grasp my shoulder, icy tendrils enwrapped throughout my body freezing me in my steps, his hand, if there was still anything left of James, he forced me to turn, his sibilant hiss  forcing my head to rise to meet his gaze, when the last I would ever see, his luminescent gaze flickered with static, deeper, and deeper I watched, drawn along into his twisted core through rip-tide fractals, and strange non-Eucliedian angles, my soul was ripped to pieces leaving shredded pieces of my self devoured by that which should not be named, my last coherent thought as these mind bending curves twisted my mind into insanity, I realized I really hated James's damned music.

Officers Note: this document was found in the home of two believed satanists, who according to a programmer they hired was payed to use dangerous graphics and binaural rhythms known to cause seizures, at this time it is not believed to be tied to the deaths of those using the Symbiotic MMORPG systems previously.  At this time these deaths are being recorded as accidental, due to the fact of using dangerous software.

Unrelated Note: Certain watchdog groups have noticed a large number of tragic murders and deaths by those having used the Symbiotic network, it is unknown if these murder/suicides and other events are related to a new technology recently deployed by Symbiotic, soon to be released as a new operating system for thier new smart phone, the Avatar, which will be available at a electronics store near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment