Sunday, August 26, 2012

Looners : balloon fantasist

Looners, the lighter side, these are people who have a unusual affectation for balloons. Some are poppers who receive sexual release when a balloon pops, others (non-poppers) see them as sentient pets, a popped balloon is a dead or dying balloon, I can't help but wonder what happened in thier childhood to create this incredulous behavior. I'm the first one to say what two or more consenting adults do in thier bedroom is thier business and no one else's. Yet I can't help wondering at what point does someone need therapy. Sure its harming no one, but how are they ever going to find a healthy psycho-social relationship if thier busy playing peek a boo with balloons? To me it falls into the same category of adult babies, it may not be hurting them, but maybe it is. Until some studies can be done how will we know, it could be like smoking pot, does it really stop your ability to mature? Without tests and studies reliably done we don't know. Like marriage I'm not saying the government or church has any business getting involved, it's an act between you and your partner, to semi quote a great author the couple is already married the ceremony is just the opportunity to share this time of joy with others. I know we may not have a paper but were married, committed, and everyone knows it, even if they don't support it. Anyway this is the point I realize I'm on a soap box so I'll let you go, I'm glad to hear our good friend in Florida wasn't effected by the storm, and I'm sorry for the people who will be, new Orleans really deserves a break, until next time be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment