Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Runaway chapter one

   My names Darren, though that really probably doesn't matter, it's of little meaning to you.  I think the events of the last year are probably of more interest or should be.  I'm trying to write this, and put it some where safe, but I don't know who to trust anymore.  I know there looking for me, and for the record, I didn't kill that girl, I loved her.
  That's a lie they want you to believe, if I'm on the run, who will trust me, and Christ I don't believe what's happened, how can you.  It's ok, I expect to be dead soon, but hopefully whoever finds this won't just huck it away, I would have.
  Hell, who reads paper any more.  Anyway who I am doesn't matter, what's happened does.  I wish I knew how to show you proof or something, but they control the computers, and pretty much everything else.  Those we believed the most trusted told us the worst fairy tales.  There's another world out there.  A secret world with a secret history, and the authority, oh, they knew all along.  You see this goes so far back I can't guess, at least to Egypt, maybe even society as we know it has come from them.
    Where do I start, the beginning, yeah right, my beginning, the worlds?  Hell how about mine, I was just a normal high school kid, worrying about grades and girls, ok and drugs, but nothing hard man, nothing big, just a little pot, who cares doesn't everyone?  Damn even the prez has smoked, so let it go right.  Then everything changed.  You know the usual voluntary blood donor shit, hearing tests, freaking vaccines, that's what did it the damned vaccines.
   I got this scholarship out of the blue, my favorite teacher put my name in.  Great dude, if I only knew.  Hey a scholarship right, so I went, transferred to this total high drek school, things you couldn't imagine.  Got my own dorm and everything, guess that was good, started having funky ass dreams.  Always running, floating, falling, flying, you name it.  I remember this one where I was like all blue and glowed like those avatar things in that titanic guys movie.  I was swimming deep in the ocean, there where a few of us, I could see there eyes glowing in the dark. Then I sensed more than saw a shadow, something big moving above us.  It was weird, well ok it felt as normal as dirt but it was weird, if I blinked like sideways, I could see like that alien thing in that movie with the invisible guy who was trying to kill Arnie, damn he's fat now.  Anyway I could see like it was all bright as day and shit.  Trippy as hell, but swimming above us was a shark, ok not no shark like you've ever seen, it was bigger than a freaking bus, with huge teeth.  Suddenly this shark thing turns, like totally on a dime, swimming right for me, before I could even move, it had me in its mouth.
   Shit, I woke up covered in sweat, the sheets were soaked, but what's crazy is when I was changing the sheets, there was blood there, my chest had a bunch of big tears, at first I thought I scratched myself somehow, I was hella wrong.  Changed the sheets and tried to go back to sleep, yeah right.  So I take a walk around campus.  It's a weird school, like we have pass cards to get around.  Figured I'd go to the computer lab, look up that shark thing.  After leaving the dorm, I'm walking through the school, and I hear some of the profs talking.  Weird shit, there talking about metas, and the veil, how us new kids turned out to be a great lot.  What the hell, I ain't no lot.  I head back to my room, real quite like.
   The next day I meet my new class, we're all different grades, and there's some dorks, and jocks, your general high school hell mix of people.  The teachers explain this is a different type of school.  One that teaches based on different principles, where we all like float at our own level.  That sorta brought back memories of my dream, but I was trying to listen to the teacher, but I kept fading off, I never used to fall asleep in class, and teachers were never ok with people who did.  They were pretty chill, like they expected it.
    After a few weeks of this weirdness, I decided I wasn't really hitting it with this school and wanted to go home.  A teacher pulled me aside and started telling me all this weirdness about what's really going on.  He told me about psionics, and other races.  About the veil, how I was special, like 1 in 100,000 people are born like me.  At first I thought he was like whack crazy, when I realized I could hear the janitors steps echoing down the hall.  I hadn't heard his voice echoing, he was talking inside my head.  I think I gasped or something, he said aloud "watch, maybe you'll understand this".
    Suddenly pictures in my head started playing, like a movie of super heroes, doing some crazy chiz.  Then memories my memories started playing, like I was right there living it, how I'd always been an outsider.  Everyone always seemed uncomfortable around me.  Even teachers, and it wasn't like I looked bad, I was pretty normal looking I think, like most kids anyway.  This weird graphic was flashed in my head, like something genetic, I realized this school was the first place the kids seemed to like me, I was missing something, but sure as shit I wasn't leaving, even if my heart was beating like a hammer.  Maybe they were experimenting on us, giving us drugs, I don't know, I should have fled that night but they always new exactly what to say, I was going no where, I was in a prison of my own minds making.

No comments:

Post a Comment