Friday, June 29, 2012

Good and Evil through Gods eye or Ours?

Good things, great things, oh what a blessing, or god was looking out for you, but when bad things happen, OMG where's Murphy it's all his fault, or some like me believe it's our failing as humanity has failed as stewards of our world, and tragically, most parents, if there involved at all don't teach critical thinking, or decision making skills, it's very much as long as you live under my roof... To well do I remember going to the grocery store and realizing I just worked a hard hour for this box of cereal, or that gallon of gas. I remember to well my own hand clearing the clogged toilet after a guests kids where over, or the clogged garbage disposal or plunging the toilet and thinking what am I doing, this is my dad's job, not mine. Oh yeah damn it's my job now, so guess what, I plunged away. I was there when my better half went through these moments, when the shower ran over, and she pulled the drain cover off, and there was so much gross disgusting hair, moving on its own, speaking to me in a language I'm unfamiliar with but found it similar to the one spoken by the moldy jello shooters I forgot in the freezer, and a smell the seventh layer of hell uses as a room deodorizer, well she had her moment having to clean that living breathing bezoar from the shower, a lot of us are not prepared to be caretakers, but we've been taught what we need to do to make money, if we're lucky. I grew up in what I call the lost generation, you work for you job, retire, house, white picket fence, dogs and cats, a few kids, oh and a spouse helps, to me gender is irrelevant if a man or a woman hooks up with the same gender swell, if I suffer under the burden and wonder of marriage so should you, but that's another post I think, anyway that's not the world we live in now, but back to the point, all good things come from the grace of god, but evil, well if Murphy didn't do it, humans or the devil did, so we're back to how can a loving god allow evil, free agency doesn't cut it, because good is still gods province, not 1% inspiration {the breath of god} and 99% perspiration, seems like that's damn near blasphemy doesn't it? So where do these things really stand, who should get the check in the end, and does it really depend on if you order good or evil? What if the waiter doesn't deliver what you ordered? I've done many things in life I completely believed was the right thing, if not a lesser evil, but the punishment remains the same... So who pays the bill in the end? If you get a great new job offer is it gods grace, or your a hard working person whose value has been recognized? Ie the 99% perspiration or the 1% inspiration? You take the job, they hit hard times, last hired, first fired, wow was that Murphy, the devil, or your failure for being last hired, can't blame god s/he got you the job in the first place right? So how does this work, I could quote theology, or some philosopher you've never heard of, but I'm just going to leave you with the question because I don't have the answer, and I'm not sure I want one....

No comments:

Post a Comment