Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Music, what happened?

What's up with music, what we loved in our youth becomes elevator music, what we hated in high school becomes nostalgic. The dreaded top 40 becomes the music of our era, when that song came on, we rolled our eyes, ugh! Now we can't help that feeling of lost youth, regrett, fun, our upcoming mortality, have we changed so much that what once we listened to through booming speakers, or headsets the size of apples new music has replaced it, how many keep up with the changing music, how many enjoy it? I guess with so many bands out there, whatever we like there's something your going to like but who would have thought me, black sabbath, iron maiden, my idol ozzy, who despised rap as a fad that couldn't disappear quick enough, huh epic fail there, kinda stuck didn't it? Point being I like eminem, seems weird to me, not a lot of similarity between eminem and king diamond, but I look through my play list, show tunes, (have had several emerasing moments singing out lout songs from avenue q), movie sound tracks, yet not only enya or enigma, but you'll find the Beatles, but there's also nox arcana, Danzig, cold play, Keith urban, heck bebo Norman even shows up, right next to evanescence. Now with twenty gig of music there's a lot of choice, but what's it mean. What do the music choices I listen to say about my personality, a lot I'm sure. Do our choices change as we mature and gain experience? If so why do so few of us find classical or opera the true devils music, I enjoy some of both, but I can't say I've changed I enjoyed those same pieces in my youth. Can we look at our playlist and it's changes and determine self knowledge about ourselves, and others for that matter like looking in some ones medicine cabinet, it says more about us than we'd like normally, just look at the differences between your public bathroom, and your private family medicine cabinet, I bet you might find it a surprising mirror of the inside of your own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment