Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Something new, Something Old Death murderabilia

Last night I watched a show called Taboo, it documents subjects found acceptible in some place, and taboo in others. One of the thingss they talked about was something called murderabiia. the buying and selling of things attached to serial killers, thier art, hair clippings, letters, dirt from the drop sites of bodies. aparrently this is legel in most of our country and big buisness. Some say this is protected by the constitution, and others say its profiting on the pain, suffering, and criminal actions of others, which they agree they are. What does this say about us, how would you feelif the seriel killer who took your family members life, or even some ethicly challenged individuale are making a profit selling the dried flowers you left on the cross where thier body was dumped? I'm not a law professer, I have only my own moral compass to go on, faulty as it might be, and as the eventual post aboout my past will show i'm hardly an angel, yet it still seems wrong to me, and I can't seem to figure how this is free speech. I often learn amazing things about our world watching Taboo but sometimes, as the mirror of the show reflects the face of humanity back at me, well sometimes I don't like who I am. UPDATE : why am I the only one who seems outraged by this muderabila, it just seems sick to me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I need to redux some of these my proofreader wasn't hired yet, need to really clean this up.

    ReplyDelete