Friday, June 22, 2012

Hangover 2 thoughts

Ok first of all I'm not a comedy guy, I prefer other types of books, movies, and tv shows, but I try to not alienate myself so I do try to see these things if the rest of the wolf pack is so at least I know the jokes there referring to, so last night we watched it. I wish I could say I liked it, surprisingly I sorta liked the first sorta momento but with jokes, this was just so groundhog day, the scenery was beautiful and the last images of the lanterns was great, of course my TiVo cut off before the credits so I'm told I missed the best part, but if the credits are the best part what's that say about the movie? As my better half said I'd rather have just seen what happened than just the aftermath, most of which they never explain. I don't think the music went well with the scenes but loved the Allentown bit, I laughed there, the lady boy scene also got a guilty chuckle, and the in-laws were realistic in their portrayal but yelling at your future father in law doesn't endear you, though from personal experience neither does being polite, kind, or considerate, and loving their daughter is never enough in fact it seems to be another failing on my part, so those scene bothered me, if I thought yelling at the in-laws would square stuff, well I've wanted to do that after year two when I sacrificed the last year with my family before they moved to spend time with them. So maybe a smoking drug dealing monkey made me snicker, I still wondered where PETA was that day. Cops using a missing kid to pull of a sting didn't work either, and the moment I was waiting for through the whole movie was dads over controlled son forced to live out dads expectations to have his moment of enough, no more, it ends here but never got it, IDK maybe I just can't review a comedy that well, I'll try better on something more in my field I guess. Note: I'm assuming by now you've either seen this already so sorry if theirs any spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment