Monday, June 18, 2012

Relationships and underwear : UPDATE

Honestly I've struggled with this one but when I mentioned it I got a chuckle from my other half so as homer says she laughed, that's permission so here goes.
   I've been with my love for six years and we've known each other for nearly a decade, our weirdness is mutual, so we work well together, fear not she's getting her own post but that's taking time, she merrits it, so it's stuck as a draft for now, but relationships, well thier a mystery, a wonderful puzzle of give and take, if it's healthy I guess, now, sorry if this involves TMI but we come to my skivvies.
    She hates them
there probably from high school and have more holes than material nowadays, but I love them. Their comfortable and hey I'm a guy who sees them?
    Well she does. Been a point of amusement on my side, guess not so much on hers but she's sweet.

    So after six years there's a knock on the door, fed ex guy, huh ok, thanks. It's for her so I leave it alone. She gets home and tells me to open it, I won't, it's not mine right? So she opens it and counting slowly drops in my lap one by one, brand new big dog underwear, same as the old ones sans holes.
    Well the one hole it's supposed to come with is there but just the one.

 "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine"! "There, now you have no excuse!". Um... but... but... but..., well she got me what could I say? I tried whining about the two patterns missing, out of print, dang she checked, and check mated me, what could I say? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its your job to buy our unders, guess its something I should have done before she felt she needed to, but it's why I love her, she had an issue with my holy drawers, she could have yelled, we could have fought, I hear couples do that on occasion.
    She could have just gottent any old shorts, but no, she got the exact patterns I liked, because she loves me, so I guess she wins, as I type this I'm wearing a new pattern to replace one of the out of print versions, I like it, on the front it has written where's the remote, if you turn around an image of a remote is, well, in a crevice of sorts, it's cute, and well the remote often ends up there anyway, way, way to often, so art imitating life, right?

    So there you go, that's when you know your relationship has become something truly special, and someone loves you a lot! Just an aside I read this to her, and got her blessing, she approves, so there you are, plus I got a laugh, that makes me feel good, if she's happy so am I!

Correcting this, I find it's still very true, btw today is urban camo, another new pattern.  I find it truly inspiring that a person can actually make you want to be a better person.  Even today after six years together, never a raised voice, or argument, we might not always agree but communication and discussion go along way.
   I find myself asking as I look across the bed at her sleeping, how many others have what we do, nobody I've talked to has said yes, I can only think if more people were friends and equal with thier partners, the world would be a happier place, when you willingly sacrafice the I/me and switch to the us/we something intrinsic in the world changes, along with something inside you.

No comments:

Post a Comment