Monday, June 18, 2012

Kung fu panda 2 and Fathers

fathers day, its always been a bit of a strange day for me, I, like many today have two, and like many sons, and daughters I guess though not being one I'm hardly in any place to fully understand a relationship between a father and a daughter when I struggle in understanding mothers, sisters, and spouses, sorry ladies you confuse us, I don't think we intend to make you crazy but in fairness it goes both ways. Never means we stop loving you. Yet thats a post for another day. Yesterday was fathers day and I watched Kung Fu Panda 2 with my loving fiancé, wife, other half, soul mate whatever you choose it doesn't come close to the truth, yet again thats another post for another day. watching this show, umm spoiler alert I guess, Po finds he has other biological parents, and in the end returns home to his goose step father, and makes it clear this is his real father, and they embrace and have a cute tete a tete over whose going to cook, cute loving moment, tear up, credits roll. My problem is does this happen? Son's have complex relations with their fathers, I am at a little liberty to write about this because my biological father has passed on, but my real father, the one who raised me, supported me, is still here, and we still struggle to find that balance I think. I don't know if we just don't know how to deal with each other, or how to explain it, but I love him for doing what he did, taking in the son from another marriage and accepting that responsibility, but that is again another blog, what I planned on talking about was my life long struggle to find acceptance, even the appearance of love from my biological father, but I've prattled on so much i think we may just come back to that too. For now lets just say i've lived my life believing whole heartedly that if nothing else in the end, when he looked back on his life and saw what he'd missed out on, a life with his son, he'd get it, I was mistaken even in the end not only did nothing new happen I became the bad guy, out to get him. He died with me refusing to see him, I couldn't take the attacks anymore, was it selfish yes do I regret it yes, would I change it? No. I would still be feeling those things either way, with the path I chose at least my better half didn't have to cope with me coming home in tears of rage, and failure, and powerlessness. Thats not to say she didn't still have to deal with those things but less so, and she wasn't the victim of his attacks that way either. So the question on the floor remain do those moments between father and son really happen, against the evidence of my experience I still have to hope so, I still have a father to mend things with, and with him it's not to late. {at some point maybe i'll discuss how maybe my dad wasn't that off in the end maybe I was the bad guy, I did help get him placed in a hospital, I still believe it was what was right, I was just manipulated into it for the wrong reasons}

No comments:

Post a Comment