Thursday, June 28, 2012

Holocaust of Humanity

Holocaust of humanity or Nazi dreams of futures past.  Tear-filled eyes once childishly naïve,  lonely gaunt faces drained of all hope,  bloody hands grip forever  tightly,   Tear-dewed iron razor wire as far as the eye can see.  Parents, family, friends, and dreams,  bulldozed together into unmarked graves.  All things stolen by heartless thieves.  Gas or gun,   both means to an end.   Smoke to heaven for the race war to win.  Black stench cloud envelopes diaphanous skies.  We are they and they are I, for they were human as are we. Eichmann's  sins are shared.  Hate encroaches, eternal haunting, ever waking daydreams forever.  All sleep is broken by these nightmare sins.  Bone thin children die alone.  Fleeting glimmers of fading hope.  Never cry or even bother to scream for Nazi metal will come to seek.  Some will never be allowed heavens peace. As the skin of fellow humans shade bright lights of Nazi libraries.   Can we forgive these deeds of blood?   Change our ways so it can be undone?   Never again should we see the branded flesh of a child skin.   Eternal black sepia numbers exchanged for spinning dreidel games,   Let the nightmares end, and the dreams of hope... and reconciliation begin...

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud to say I recieved the editors choice award for best no poet for 1999 for this, it's one of the few poems I've submitted anywhere, I can honestly say I didn't write this it came into my head very much as it is written, I don't know where it came from, but I did not struggle over the right word, or even decide to write a poem, it literally came out of nowhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spellcheck, best new poet, it's hanging in my living room, while the framed poem they sent me hangs at my nana's house.

    ReplyDelete