Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Zagg/Logitech case 2.0

Just got a new case for the iPad, Bluetooth, keyboard has a great feel, brushed aluminum looks great, and the keyboard has some great function keys, it feels light so I'm not sure how secure it is, and inserting it into the case scares me I feel like I'm going to scratch the iPad, and it has one really strange feature, when you remove it from the case it activats your pad, in the last screen you were in, I've nearly sent several emails putting it in the case or removing it. I'm ambivalent about this feature, it's cool, the pad comes on when I take it out, but be careful or your inlaws may be reading what you just posted about them, so be careful, as I use it I'll give you more info as reviewed now back to the morality of mind-reading in true blood... Well I just thought it might be a little important to update you on some new things I've discovered about this case, for the most part I still love it but it was nearly $100 US, so I should love it. And yet I just discovered that after its useful life time when the battery ceases to charge you're supposed to break open the back, remove the battery, dispose of it properly and then dispose of the keyboard in a local bin. So wait you're telling me I just paid $100 for a case that once it's no longer useful I can't just change the batteries, I need to throw it away, I don't know what to think about this. I don't want to get started on the whole US consumerism disposable society thing because that would be a whole different post, but in the end what's up with that, nowhere on the box did it say disposable keyboard, it said made out of lightweight aluminum airplane material, nearly indestructible and it has a Bluetooth keyboard attached to it, it doesn't get much better than that. So I guess buyer beware because there are still some things I guess they don't need to tell you on the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment