Saturday, July 7, 2012

Faith and the quest for fulfillment

As my studies into the Jedi mysteries continue, I have recently begun thinking of the faith of the mimbari, the vorlons, the na'vi, and the Klingons, being a fluent speaker of Klingon, and learning na'vi, I am pretty familiar with both. Recently a friend said I should look into chaosism, which teaches you can worship and follow any myths which resonate with you. Now you will find some symbiotic issues here as it appears as the state religion in my Avalon chronicles, but I've been designing my own religion for the stories, which I'm calling Apothiosa. Which means moving towards god-hood, or becoming god-like. As amusing as it might sound praying to Mickey Mouse or captain Kirk, or even Isis, Zeus, or some other ancient Diety seems to have as much bearing as any other, it's all a leap of faith, and if the great maker can bear many faces to each faith why not Mickey, or kosh, or even kay'less from the Klingons, or Eywa from avatar. What do you think? As I'm working on a post based on religion and faith, as well as becoming a Jedi, maybe becoming a chaosist, or apothiosist is in my future. I think it's time for some deep thoughts and figure this out because as many great people as I have met, within my past faiths, they have not fulfilled me, it's time to be filled. I have read the books and gone through the lessons of the golden dawn, Rosicrucians, and many other groups. I've been Mormon, Catholic, still I search onward for myself. Be well my friends, I welcome you on this journey into mind, mystery, heart, faith, and imagination. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment