Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thor : the movie expect spoilers

I've seen the movie Thor several times, and each time I find more I find troubling, it was directed by one of the greatest Shakespearean actors of our time and co-wrote by the creator of Babylon 5 with a great cast, though I found it amusing that Anthony Hopkins went from drunkard norse king in Beowulf to norse god in Thor, most of it was filmed to darkly, I'm sure the switching from golden brilliance to shadowy darkness was very disturbing unconsciously in the theaters, it was difficult to see on a home television. The fact that Nordic gods were willing to retreat went well beyond my ability to suspend disbelief. The fact that half of the movie was spent with a useless Thor wandering around broken, was incredibly boring. Considering we're dealing with vaders sweet heart I expected more, portman's portrayed character was stiff and wooden, falling completly flat. I gave her some leeway in the star wars movies, if you can really bring yourself to call that political diatribe worthy of being called a star wars movie. I guess maybe with everything going for it combined with the hype I might have expected to much, and considering they either changed the backstory agian or they just didn't bother with the continuity, wasn't the comic Thor a disabled doctor who found the hammer and became the god? It's probably nit picking but where we're the ravens and wolves? I just wanted more, and after the credits I hated the preemp, and sadly the soundtrack just didn't have the character I've come to expect, there were a few lights, but they were mostly overshadowed by the many negatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment