Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Journal for the worlds perusal or my process. 2

Attempt to explain the situation where you're basically journaling your private thoughts and meditations and then putting them on line for the world to read. : I thought it might be a little interesting for you to understand my process and how I work on a post. Basically as you can see I come up with a title such as journaling here and then I write a seed thought which is basically just a list of reminders of things I'd like to cover in the post itself. Period.… Then I come back and I try to broaden that out until there is a complete post.: So you have my seed thought above and here we go, journaling, a journal used to be kept by everybody back in the day and nowadays is very rare, most people don't bother with them except for a few teenage girls, and even their moving on to text, blogs, and social media. Technology has changed journaling for the better or the worse, Time will tell. Blogs tend to be many different sorts of things. They can be topical. They can be based on a variety of subjects from clothes to animals to the new technology. The latest gossip, basically you name it and there is probably a blog out there about it. And there are some very strange blogs out there. possibly my blog would be considered just as strange as some of those out there. I do try to make it clear that most of what I'm talking about are my thoughts, the things that I'm trying to work out within my own mind. My path, my life, what I want to do with things in front of me before the end of my life arrives. In trying to share that with all of you, I'm not really sure what I hope to gain out of that but I tell myself that this is more than just a journal, more than just me putting down stupid thoughts, or standing up on a soapbox preaching my beliefs, when I myself am not sure of those beliefs. I guess I'm trying to work out my own experiences, my own life, my own thoughts, and I'm sharing that experience with you and maybe somebody out there will be willing to share their thoughts back and we can begin to have a kind of dialogue and all of us share the possibility of growth from the experience. I'm not sure that's what journaling was meant to do in the beginning but I'm not really sure what journaling was really ever meant to do. So as you know there are certain premises, promises I've made, honesty for one, complete openness and willingness to share everything that's going on in my life up to the point that it doesn't interfere with anyone else's life. Now for the sake of open and honest dialogue I will say sometimes those lines get a little confusing when it comes to my in-laws, my other half, my family, my friends. I'm not really sure where that line ends and begins because my life entertangles with theirs and what belongs to them belongs to them but what belongs to me is mine, I know it sounds crazy. I guess that's why I constantly go back and update old posts, because I'm never truly done thinking about the subjects at hand. I'm always trying to figure out the deeper end of the puzzle that I may have missed the first time. When it comes to those lines though I'm sure they have been crossed, at least a little, and I fear they will cross agian, because at some point I need to explain, who I am, that means the past, what i've done, whose been hurt, and how, how I met my love and so much more. I can't go around getting permission slips based on what people want me to talk about and what they don't so I guess I'm just going to have to put it out there and see what comes, as my love always says it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment