Monday, July 23, 2012

Smoking chiefs

My love enjoys almost any cooking competition reality show, so we watch most of the biggies. She lives the top chief series, hells kitchen, you name it.

What confuses me is the smoking. I don't mean a cooking style either. Don't these people understand smoking destroys your palette and kills off your taste buds. So many of them are taking smoke breaks, right before they have a palette challenge.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with smokers, it's your choice but when it effects your livelihood shouldn't you choose what's going to make you better at your job? This is something I don't understand, does it make any sense or taking pride in my ability to taste I can't imagine doing anything to screw that up, anymore than I'd choose to do something that knowingly screwed up any of my other senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment