Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kindle the walking library leads me to drink

I love my kindle, the ability to carry around and read all my school books, my pdf's, even graphic novels like the watchmen is incredible. The fact that several bookshelves of books now fit in my phone or iPad, ready for me on the cloud, the fact that my popsci magazines, and nat geo's are right there ready to be watched, is simply amazing, and when I'm done, I can delete them, saved safely on the cloud, which is in itself a whole other blog. Now is thier room for improvement yes I'm sure, the comic viewer is really stiff, no where near as cool as the comixology systems, used by marvel, and others. But kindle adding the google wiki features is great, I love being able to read a book, google a location, read its history, then jump back into the story. Really I was reading Dracula the other day and he's describing where his houses are, and right there I google the communities, pull up period maps, read abouth the history of the region, and jump back into the book. At one point johnny harker is drinking something called slivovitz, pop into google, learn about this wonderful plum brandy, jump to bevmo, place an order, and back to the story, really if this is where technology is going, I really look forward to the future. See you all there my bevmo order came in today, Absinth and slivovitz, I know I like Absinth, I'll let you know about the plum brandy. Until then...

1 comment:

  1. Until we get the wrong president and they take it all away.

    ReplyDelete