Friday, July 13, 2012

Green Lantern : comic, movie, animated show

Green lantern, powered by will! How did the rainbow warriors get their power? Ok unless your a lantern person you don't understand, their are several groups of rangers, based on the rainbow, each color is attached to a feeling which is the source of thier power... Red equals rage, orange equals avarice, yellow equals fear, green equals will; didn't know that was a emotion, blue the ahem most powerful really is hope, indigo equals joy, and violet equals love. oh and black and white lanterns, there just confusing. I don't know anything really about the comics so I won't comment upon.Comic(Movie) The movie was pretty good, I liked the effects, but I was disappointed by many of the constructs, which it's stated are limited only by thier will and imagination, now I don't know about you but I think of that beautiful fractal compared to fists, and hammers, and simple energy bursts, and what's up with the mandatory sword fight in everything, haven't seen avengers yet, bet theirs a sword fight/martial arts segment, why? Does this go back to te whole matrix thing? (Animated Series). Ok this I've seen a little more of, I enjoyed the over-arc of the story, it's simple enough for kids, but with complex stories and arc points which make it engaging to an adult. The grouping with a red ranger is really neat, as he must face the deeds he's done following orders, agian redemption is an adult concept, racism is also a thread as the rangers are of differing races including a living planet, it also has A class actors doing the voice overs, Similer to Tron uprising that's a huge plus, though the rendering is not what I'd expect, it's way to Boolean with few angles, everything is rounded edges, though my biggest complaint is constructs, you have the entire core to choose from and they choose three people capable of only the simplest constructs, I'd liked to have seen more of the higher dimension objects like in the movie, anyway enough, be well

No comments:

Post a Comment