Friday, July 20, 2012

The cloud my personal drive

In this day and age, why buy disks at all, if I can buy a whole series on iTunes, watch it, then delete it, and re-download it when I want it agian? I can buy Farscape, or Babylon 5 in HD, watch it on my tv, from my iPad or iPhone, then delete it, then download a new series, and not have to worry about scratched disks, or new media formats. Instead if rebuying my whole collection, which I have done over and over again from laser disk, to Betamax, to VHS, to DVD, and now Blu-ray. Why would I do that when I can just buy it on the cloud in iTunes and watch it, delete it and then watch it again after I've downloaded it. It's mine? Between Netflix, which I'll admit needs to keep something up after they've put it there, I'm paying for a video on demand, you give me every season of star trek, every season of star gate, I know I'll get part way through a series and bam it will be gone, yeah if I start at TOS, I might even make it to DS9 if I'm lucky and watch tv every moment of every day, but like most people I have work, school, research, Ect. Plus how much star trek can you watch before you need a break, not to make light but I don't want to be the guy who is found dead from an embolism after watching 180 hours of star trek with out moving, which still wouldn't get me through, TOS, next gen, DS9, voyager, and enterprise. Come on Trekkies out there what series am I missing? I know I couldn't have got them all, and doing gene Roddenberry why not get earth final conflict, and andromeda, for that matter NETFLIX, why don't you get some little known series like mercy point, or threshold, which had Brent Spiner from data fame in it? Netflix, I implore you don't just try to recreate old series and reboot them, bring us back rare and wonderful gems, if there so little known they can't be expensive, and can acquire a whole new generation of fans, as well as fans that should have been. MERCY POINT, ER IN SPACE, GIVE IT A CHANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment